We rely on volunteers to help deliver the chapter's strategic objectives. Volunteer roles are often project driven to ensure achievable objectives and to avoid individual overextending themselves. Everyone at the chapter, including board members, are volunteers and we fully appreciate that work commitments take priority.
We welcome fellow business analysts from any industry or those aspiring to become a BA. We particularly welcome volunteers who have a project or initiative in mind that they would like to pursue.
The role requires:
In return, you get the opportunity to broaden your experience whilst widening your network. It's a great way to push yourself out of your comfort zone and try something new!
- The ability to work outside of your comfort zone and handle ambiguity!
- A shared interest in establishing the chapter as a networking hub for BAs in the UK
- Working directly with a sponsoring director and liaising with other board members as required
- 1-2 hours a week over a 3 month trial period
- All volunteers must be paid up IIBA and UK Chapter members.
Becoming a volunteer
The first step to becoming a volunteer is to register your interest.
Before we can register your interest as a volunteer, we need you to sign a short confidentiality agreement. This is necessary as you might occasionally need to deal with confidential information (e.g. membership data) in your role as a volunteer).
Once you have completed the confidentiality agreement, please e-mail a scanned copy to
When e-mailing, please include the following information:
- Your e-mail address
- Your IIBA Membership number
- Industry Sector
- Role (day job)
- Particular area of volunteering interet
- If applicable - a short document proposing a project/initiative that you are particularly interested in pursuing (* this is entirely optional)
Once you have registered, your details will be held on file and we will contact you whenever an opportunity to volunteer arises. If you have a specific project, initiative or area of volunteering that you would like to become involved with, please let us know.
What do our volunteers do?
IIBA UK is supported wide-ranging team of passionate volunteers who help the chapter to function. Here is a flavour of just some of the activities our volunteers undertake:
- Updating the website, including adding details of upcoming events
- Helping to co-ordinate and execute marketing campaigns
- Proposing, organising and running events across five UK branches -- including dedicated branch committees running four of our five branches!
- Helping with longer-term strategic initiatives
- Helping with knowledge management initiatives
This list is by no means extensive, and we have volunteers helping in a wide range of areas.
Did you know.... IIBA UK now has branches across the UK. Branches in Scotland, Midlands, North West & East and South West are supported by volunteer branch committees. It is the board's intention to set up a London branch committee shortly, and a number of volunteers have been identified.
The chapter continues to grow and thrive through the time and dedication put in by our volunteer teams!