What is CBAP/CCBA?
The IIBA has created the Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®), a designation awarded to candidates who have successfully demonstrated their expertise in this field. This is done by detailing hands-on work experience in business analysis through the CBAP® application process, and passing the IIBA CBAP® examination. To be eligable to apply for CBAP, you must have at least 7,500 hours of hands-on BA experience
The Certification of Competency in Business AnalysisTM
(CCBA®) is aimed at practitioners with at least 3,750 hours of hands on experience.
Why sit CBAP/CCBA?
CBAP or CCBA certification is a public affirmation of your current level of professionalism, and your continued commitment to the BA profession.If you are working in the role of business analysis, systems analysis, requirements analysis or management, project management, consulting or process improvement, and have an advanced level of knowledge and experience, you will want to consider the many professional benefits of earning the CBAP® / CCBA designation.It demonstrates:
· Your knowledge of the skills necessary to be an effective Business Analyst.
· A proven level of competence in the principles and practices of business analysis.
How much will sitting the CBAP/CCBA exam cost ?
The Exam costs $325 US for IIBA members, and $450 for non-members. Registration costs $125.
For more information please click here
Who runs the CBAP/CCBA Exams?
- Exam applications are managed by the International chapter of the IIBA, our parent body.
- Exams in the UK are conducted as on-line exams (CBT) administered by Castle Worldwide, our testing partner.
- Test dates and locations are agreed with Castle Worldwide.
- NEW there are now multiple locations available in the UK and Ireland see here (note Belfast is currently listed as Ireland)
How do I register to sit the CBAP/CCBA exam ?
- Review the CBAP Handbook or CCBA Handbook and ensure you understand and meet the application criteria.
- Register on-line at the Certification page of the IIBA International website, including paying the application fee.
- The IIBA will review your application within 21 days (and usually much more quickly)
- Once your application is approved, submit payment for the examand the IIBA will put you in touch with the exam provider (Castle Worldwide).
- Agree a convenient location and date with Castle Worldwide through their on-line application process
You must sit the exam within one year of your application being approved.
Where can I get training for the CBAP exam ?
Please see the list of Endorsed Education Providers on the main International Website (see our EEP FAQ section)
How does it compare to ISEB?
The IIBA UK Chapter and the BCS work closely to further the progression of the BA profession. Click here for an overview of skills development and possible career paths, as presented at the BA Conference 2009.
An overview of the ISEB BA Qualifications and the exemptions available to CBAP holders is summarised here
In addition, you may find our webinar "tackling the BA certification challenge" useful. You can access the free webinar recording using the link below: